Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lincoln turns 3!

Lincoln's birthday was Sunday July 29th.

He received a racecar card with sound built in and the first thing he did was rip it apart to figure out where the sound was coming from
Presents
Blowing out the candles while Caleb and Darin watch
The highlight of the party was the jumping castle we rented. I had to hurry and squish all the games and food into the first hour because I knew once the castle arrived no one would pay any more attention to my carefully planned group activities!

The castle was a huge hit. All the kids ran around until utter exhaustion kicked in. I don't think they would have had the energy to keep playing even if we had rented it for longer than an hour.

Ethan hangs on for the ride as Lincoln climbs up to the slide





There was this endless cycle of sweaty, laughing kids sliding down from the castle, running to stand in line and then climbing back in to jump some more.

John didn't miss his chance to jump

In addition to all the party games, the kids enjoyed some summer sledding. John took 2 year old Ethan up to the top and gave him a nice big push
Oops! He was on the verge of falling off all the way down the hill and we were all holding our breath to see if he cried but he got right up and wanted to do it again.
Ethan's mom took lots of pictures. Good thing because I ended up with hardly any on my camera. Thank you Brooke!!!!
Now whenever Lincoln wants to do big-kid stuff he tells me, "yes I can, I three now!"



No comments: